Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pink Toenails, Fox News Whackos, and Gender Identity. . . .

 J. Crew president and creative director Jenna Lyons took some time out with her son to paint his toenails.

The kind of thing lots of people do with their sons and daughters.




However, Fox news pundit Dr. Keith Ablow condemned this supposedly innocent act and suggested that this was a typical example of our culture's tendency toward "psychological sterilization." Really, I'm not kidding! I wish I were, but I am not.



So I took a few minutes out to have a little fun with my daughter and she painted my toenails.

So far I have no burning desire to put up a poster of Judy Garland or go see a lavish Broadway show. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). Also, so far my daughter doesn't seem confused about my gender identity, but I will keep you updated.

No comments: